Are you over 30 years old? Fresh! See which workouts will bring the best effect now!
Scientists have found that healthy women who do not change their lifestyle can gain up to 50 pounds as they age, usually between the ages of 25 and 50! Unfortunately, the metabolic rate decreases inexorably with age. If you want to be healthy, strong and maintain your current weight, you must be physically active.
What will you gain by training after the age of 30?
- Strengthen muscles, especially in the abdomen and sides of the torso
- You will increase your metabolism. You will burn up to 500 kcal more per day than before. In addition, you will get rid of mainly the most dangerous abdominal fat
- It strengthens the circulatory system and increases the efficiency of the body
Start doing cardio
These are exercises that strengthen the heart and help burn fat. They should last 20 minutes (5 minutes warm-up, 12 minutes at a steady pace, and 3 minutes recovery). This could be, for example:
- fast walking
- Nordic walking
- team games (e.g. volleyball, tennis)
- jumping on a skipping rope
Start Interval Training
These are exactly the same exercises as cardio but performed at a variable pace. A workout lasts 30 minutes. After a 3-minute warm-up, repeat the pattern 6 times: 2 minutes at a moderate pace and 2 minutes at a very fast pace. End with a 3-minute silence.
Attention! Even when you are training at full speed, your heart rate should not exceed the maximum value. You can calculate this by subtracting your age from 220 (e.g. 220-35 = 185 – this is the maximum heart rate for a 35-year-old).
How often should I exercise after 30?
Try to exercise 4 times a week for 20 or 30 minutes (depending on whether you choose cardio or interval training). After a month, increase your exercise time to 40-50 minutes, but train 3 times a week.