Water with cinnamon speeds up metabolism and fat burning, suppresses appetite, and also lowers blood sugar levels. It also helps you get rid of flatulence and constipation.
Cinnamon water – often appears on social networks as cinnamon water – is a slimming drink that has a positive effect on health. Cinnamon is a popular spice with a spicy flavor and aroma that is most often added to desserts. However, the flavor is not the only thing that cinnamon has to offer.
Properties of cinnamon water
- Water with cinnamon helps to burn visceral fat, that is, fat that accumulates around the internal organs, which is detrimental to health. The drink helps to fight the so-called abdominal obesity.
- Cinnamon water gives a feeling of satiety for a long time, thanks to which it effectively suppresses the appetite, which prevents snacking between meals.
- It improves the metabolism, which results in a more effective weight loss.
- It lowers the blood sugar level, the level of the so-called bad cholesterol as well as blood pressure.
- It helps you get rid of constipation as it has a mild laxative effect.
It should be kept in mind that drinking cinnamon water alone will not produce dramatic results. This slimming drink should be part of a comprehensive weight loss plan that should include diet and exercise.
How to make cinnamon water?
You must prepare cinnamon water the day before.
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks,
- half a liter of water.
- Put the cinnamon sticks in the water.
- Leave it overnight.
- In the morning, the cinnamon drink is ready to drink.
- Optionally, you can add your favorite additives to the cinnamon water: lemon slices, ginger or mint leaves. Apple or pear pieces also go well with it.
You can also make cinnamon tea. To do this, bring the cinnamon sticks to a boil in water and then boil for a few minutes. Serve the cinnamon infusion warm or cool after cooling.
For the preparation, you can use powdered cinnamon, then pour it into the drink through a fine sieve.
Contraindications to drinking cinnamon water
Cinnamon water is safe and has a number of health benefits. However, it should be drunk in moderation, as high levels of cinnamon can be harmful. People who suffer from this should be treated with caution:
- with heartburn,
- inflammation of the stomach,
- irritable bowel syndrome.
The coumarin in cinnamon can have adverse effects on the liver. However, to damage this organ, you will need to consume very large amounts of cinnamon every day.