Protein and fat breakfasts are based on protein and fat instead of carbohydrates. This is a good choice for people who are sleepy after a meal or who have trouble shedding pounds.
Traditional carbohydrate breakfasts are made quickly, the feeling of fullness also appears quickly, but it is often shorter. Protein and fat breakfasts require more time to prepare, but you can feel full longer and you will not feel like eating sweets during the day.
Protein and fat breakfasts – pros and cons
It is difficult to say unequivocally which breakfast to choose: protein-lipid or carbohydrate breakfast. Protein and fat breakfasts are sometimes difficult to digest (especially when you fry meat and eggs) and can cause flatulence.
A protein and fat breakfast is often fried, like scrambled eggs with ham or fried eggs with bacon. However, remember that it doesn’t have to be this way. Fit egg breakfasts can be healthy if you take care of the right additives.
When you decide to make a protein and fat breakfast, don’t skimp on additives such as nuts, avocados, or seeds. They also contain protein and fat. However, avoid combining meat with bread. You can add a small portion (e.g. 1 slice) of pure grain bread to the protein and fat breakfast.
The advantage of protein and fat breakfasts can also be a better mood. Especially when you have carbohydrate metabolism problems and the carbohydrate breakfast causes a rapid rise and fall in blood sugar.
Eating a protein and fat breakfast makes you feel full for a long time, and at the same time does not increase the desire for sweetness.
The downside of high-protein, high-fat breakfasts can be the preparation time. Meat and fish must be baked, cooked or fried. You don’t have this problem when you eat porridge or sandwiches.
Protein and fatty breakfasts are hard to digest, so if you have a sensitive digestive system, you may be bloated. When choosing fried eggs and bacon, make sure your menu doesn’t lack fermented dairy products.
If you’re slimming down and diet and exercise are working, especially when you work out in the morning, go ahead and have a carbohydrate breakfast. If, on the other hand, you’re having trouble shedding pounds and after breakfast, instead of feeling energized, you feel tired, try eating protein and fat breakfasts for a few days. Then you’ll find out what type of meal works for you.
Protein and fat breakfasts – which products choose?
Make protein and fat breakfasts with products that are high in protein and fat. These are:
- full-fat dairy products (cottage cheese, Greek yogurt),
- meat (especially beef, veal and poultry)
- fish (mackerel, herring, salmon, tuna, halibut)
- pure grain bread (maximum 1 to 2 small slices for breakfast)
- legumes (soy, lentils, peas, beans)
- vegetable oils,
- seeds, pips and nuts,
- pickled or raw vegetables (as a side dish).
It is also necessary to take care of the quality of products – do not eat poor quality meat, also reach the legumes – it is a rich source of protein in the diet.
Fat & Protein Breakfast Ideas
- 2 tomatoes,
- 2 eggs,
- clove of garlic,
- spices: freshly ground pepper, salt, cumin, oregano),
- a handful of fresh basil leaves,
- half a tablespoon of olive oil,
- a slice of pure wheat bread.
- Wash, scald, peel and slice the tomatoes.
- Chop the garlic and fry it in olive oil.
- Add the tomatoes, season, and fry for 5 minutes (do not stir).
- Break the eggs, sprinkle with a little salt and cover the pan. Fry for about 3 minutes.
- Serve with chopped fresh basil and a slice of pure wheat bread.
Vegetable Omelette Recipe
- 2 eggs,
- half a pepper,
- a few cherry tomatoes,
- 1/3 onion
- 2 slices of Parma ham,
- 2 tablespoons of milk,
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- chopped chives,
- salt and pepper.
- Dice the peppers and onions, cut the tomatoes in half, and the ham in strips.
- Mix the eggs with the milk, add the vegetables and the ham.
- In a frying pan, heat the butter, pour the egg mixture.
- Season and fry, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes.
Serve with chopped chives.
Baked Avocado Recipe
- 1 ripe avocado,
- 2 eggs,
- 1 slice of smoked bacon
- 1 tablespoon of chopped chives,
- salt and pepper.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Scoop out some of the pulp and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Insert an egg in each half.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, until set.
- Fry the bacon in a skillet and then cut it into strips.
- Sprinkle the cooked avocado with bacon and chives.
Salmon Egg Muffins Recipe
- 2 eggs,
- 70 g of smoked salmon,
- a 10 cm long piece of leek,
- favourite spices.
- Chop and cut the salmon into small pieces.
- Stir the eggs, add the salmon and leek, and season.
- Put in silicone molds and bake for about 25 minutes at 180 degrees.
Other protein and fat breakfast ideas
- a low-glycemic fruit omelet,
- scrambled eggs with ham
- fried eggs with vegetables and pumpkin seeds
- baked avocado with salmon,
- bean paste sandwiches and fish paste,
- cottage cheese pancakes,
- tuna salad.