How much do you know about fitness? Answer these questions and find out if you’re a fitness expert:
Question 1 of 10 - Which exercise boosts metabolism 24 hours a day, seven days a week?
Redirection to the next question in progress ...
– Subscription to the best weight loss program 2021
– Weight loss plan (28 days meal & Workout plan)
* Please note that in order to participate you must enter your name and email at the end of the quiz.
What is the metabolism?
The term metabolism comes from the Greek “metabolismos” which means change or transformation. Metabolism is the set of reactions occurring in the cells of our body. It involves:
- Catabolism, a destructive process, which produces energy from absorbed nutrients by breaking down relatively large and complex molecules into smaller and simpler ones (effort made for use and storage);
- Anabolism, a building process, which synthesizes the elements that our cells need to function (destocking of reserves for example).
- The term is often used to refer to a person’s energy expenditure.
The metabolism is influenced by 3 factors:
- The basic metabolism or basal metabolism
- Physical or intellectual activity
We can increase our metabolism by acting on these three parameters and particularly on the last two.