An anti-inflammatory diet is one that works to reduce inflammation in your body. What products should you use when following an anti-inflammatory diet? Here is a sample menu for an anti-inflammatory diet.
In the case of short infections, inflammation is a welcome process, but if it lasts too long, the risk of serious diseases increases. These include cancer and cardiovascular disease.
1- Anti-inflammatory diet – rules
If you feel constantly exhausted and your menu often includes pro-inflammatory products, it is worthwhile to enrich your diet with anti-inflammatory products.
When you follow an anti-inflammatory diet, you need to regularly provide the nutrients necessary to help prevent inflammation and the onset of certain diseases.
An anti-inflammatory diet is not a way to lose weight, although appropriate calorie ranges can be considered, which can also promote a slim body.
In order to reduce inflammation through a healthy diet, IF rating, or Food Inflammability Index, has been developed. When determining this, the content of fatty acids, antioxidants, and minerals was taken into account.
2- Anti-inflammatory diet – products
The most flammable products according to the IF classification in descending order are:
- hardened coconut oil,
- hardened palm oil,
- grape seed oil,
- sunflower oil,
- rice flour,
- Dried plums,
- zen flour ps,
- candied cranberries,
- baked potatoes,
- white rice,
The most anti-inflammatory products according to the IF classification in descending order are:
- Indian Saffron
- hot pepper,
- flaxseed oil,
- acerola fruit,
- o hopper of rapeseed,
- olive oil,
- a carrot,
Neutral products include salt, coffee and herbal infusions.
Inflammatory processes are mainly caused by sugar, gluten, casein, omega 6 acids (if there is a disturbing ratio of omega 6 to omega 3), saturated fatty acids, trans-fatty acids, and compounds formed in foods during frying and processing.
Antioxidant vitamins A, E, and C, chlorophyll in green vegetables, monounsaturated fatty acids, omega-3 fatty acids, and a number of compounds in spices have a protective effect.
3- Anti-inflammatory diet – meal recipes
Above all, an anti-inflammatory diet must be varied and balanced. Every day you should take into account:
- 4-5 servings of green vegetables, possibly organically grown,
- 3 to 5 portions of whole-grain products and dry legumes (lentils, chickpeas, beans, peas, soybeans)
- drink 6-8 glasses of mineral water
- 3-4 servings of fruit (especially purple) rich in anti-inflammatory polyphenols and flavonoids, with limitation of bananas, mangoes, pears, grapes, and cherries due to the sugar-fructose content, which intensifies inflammatory processes
- 4-7 servings of nuts, oils, and other healthy fat sources, especially walnuts, rapeseed, soybeans, flaxseed, evening primrose, olive oil, olives, and avocados. Refined fats should be avoided,
- 2 to 6 servings of protein products per week, such as fatty sea fish, poultry meat, beef and eggs, and dairy products from good organic sources
- spices: ginger, garlic, basil, thyme, oregano, cinnamon, rosemary,
- if necessary, multivitamin supplements (vitamin C, E, D3, A, coenzyme Q10, and selenium)
- healthy sugar substitutes (e.g. stevia)
- 2-4 cups of tea (green, white, herbal, red).
When on an anti-inflammatory diet, you should avoid alcohol or use red wine rich in polyphenols. You should also greatly reduce sodas and sugary sweets.
4- Anti-inflammatory diet – menu of the day
Use the given meals interchangeably – with this you will create a menu for the next few days.
- Breakfast: butter, ham, and vegetable sandwich / milk porridge with fresh fruit / cottage cheese with flaxseed oil and yogurt on a slice of whole wheat bread / scrambled eggs with chives and tomatoes served with a slice of bread.
- 2nd breakfast: peppers, carrots, and kohlrabi soaked in yogurt, flaxseed oil and herb paste / green parsley cocktail, lemon juice, water, and honey / a handful of nuts.
- Lunch: roasted chicken leg with herbs and carrots / cod cutlets with buckwheat and carrots / salmon with vegetables in basil sauce/quinoa with vegetables, mushrooms, and chicken / vegetables with lentils.
- Afternoon tea: raspberry kissel / kale, apple and orange juice cocktail / fruit yogurt / baked apple with cinnamon and a teaspoon of honey.
- Lunch: wholemeal bread sandwiches with cottage cheese and pepper / mackerel and radish sandwiches / egg paste and tomato sandwiches / salad.
- Snacks: cherry cocktail (a handful of cherries with half a glass of orange juice) / cottage cheese with dried herbs / plain yogurt with raspberries / banana.